$88/night for 2*
14.6886% Hawaii sales taxes
Prices are based on 2 person occupancy. Each additional guest $20/night and one time cleaning/linen fee of $20/person.
*Additional $20/night for Christmas/NewYear week
*No refunds once reservation is complete
*Minimum stay 2 night
* $125 refundable damage deposit
Relax into nature and all of the blessings of Hawaii at PapaLani Farm (which means Heavenly Earth Mother in Hawaiian). We are located 30 miles south of Kailua Kona…
- Serene 13+ acre organic avocado and macnut farm with an abundance of tropical fruit trees, veggies, herbs, flowers & berries.
- Perfect year-round climate, at 1600 ft. above sea level on the side of Mauna Loa Volcano (the most massive, active volcano on Planet Earth!).
- Savor the seclusion and quiet, away from the crowds and resorts.
- Indoor and outdoor kitchen. Indoor is kitchen sink, cupboards, coffee maker, toaster & dishes. Outdoors are the necessities to cook meals (full size refrigerator/freezer, 2 burner stove, pots and pans).
- Indoor Bathroom with shower and a shared outdoor garden shower which is one of my favorite features... showering in the sunshine is heavenly!
- Bedroom has a queen bed. A desk and chair & dresser. The kitchen cupboards and kitchen sink are also in the "studio bedroom" as well as the coffee maker, blender, microwave & other kitchen necessities.
- Large lanai (covered porch) featuring 1/2 of the kitchen and a wonderful living and dining area with sofa, dining room table and chairs. The lanai is overlooking the zen rock garden, medicine wheel garden and Past/Present/Future gardens.
- Ohana means "family" in Hawaiian so the "ohana" is like a mother-in-law unit on the mainland... it is an addition to the main farmhouse and under the same roof as the farmhouse... the 2 units are separated by another lanai and guests will be respectful of each others privacy.
- In the winter time it can get cool at this elevation morning and night. Be sure to bring heavy socks or slippers and a thick sweatshirt or fleece.
- Everything is kept clean and tidy although the outdoor area might have geckos & insects around.
- Full range of discounted spa services available on site for guests. Check out www.papalanifarm.com for a full list of services.
- Complimentary Beach chairs, towels, & coolers available.
- Snorkel equipment available for $20/week.
- Our water source is 100% rainwater caught from the roof of our home and stored in catchment tanks. County water is made available to you in the kitchen for drinking.
From Papalani farm:
- 4 miles to the closest place to jump in the ocean
- 15-minutes to Ho'okena Beach State Park for sunbathing and swimming with dolphins
- 20-minute drive brings you to the famous Pu'uhonua o'Honaunau (Place of Refuge) National Historic Park and Kealakekua Bay where you can kayak to Captain Cook's monument and snorkel with an endless variety of tropical fish and sea turtles & dolphins.
- 65 miles from Madame Pele's live action at Volcanos National Park
- 12 miles from KulaKai Caverns and Manuka State Park.
- Light hiking on the property where you can enjoy seeing all sorts of Hawaii's wildlife and plants.
- Explore the 30+ variety of fruit, nut trees & berries while at PapaLani, much of which is available for purchase during your visit, as well as fresh eggs from the chickens.
- If interested, you can learn how to become more sustainable… We practice vermiculture (worms), permaculture, Korean Natural Farming, composting, mulching, solar, water catchment, and more.
- Find a nice place to meditate & relax.
- Nikki is the land owner who loved living in the ohana for 7 years. She is happy to provide info about the farm, things to do, places to go, etc.
- The farm is a working organic farm, therefore farm work may be occurring during your stay, but again, your privacy is fully respected.
- Papalani should be a peaceful retreat for all who stay here so please respect the peace and privacy of any other guests... Mahalo!
Check calendar availability on Airbnb. For a discounted rate please contact me directly:
Hawaii Standard Time