$88/night for 2*
14.6886% Hawaii sales taxes
Prices are based on 2 person occupancy. Each additional guest $15/night and one time cleaning/linen fee of $20/person.
*Additional $20/night for Christmas/NewYear week
*No refunds once reservation is complete
*Minimum stay 2 night
*$125 refundable damage deposit
Note: no wi-fi... verizon cell phones usually
Hale La (house of the sun) is a solar cabin on a working organic farm... this cabin is up higher on the property in the macnut field with a gorgeous ocean view. the cabin is off grid & private, 1 large indoor living space with a twin bunk bed and a futon that can be used for a double bed.
There is a simple outdoor kitchen with a 2 burner stove, propane refrigerator/freezer & hot/cold running water.
There is a warm outdoor sunshine shower, bathroom sink & outhouse behind the cabin. Hale La was completed Feb 2015. There is a spectacular ocean view. We are up in the mountain at 1700 feet elevation so the evenings are cool in the winters... the home has windows and screens for the bedroom/living room area but the kitchen/bath are outdoors (so bring your woollies for late evenings and early mornings).
You will have access to the entire cabin and surrounding property. there is a gate near the back of the cabin which has a trail that leads to the upper 10 acres.. you are welcome to walk around the property!
If you would like a farm tour, veggies, macnuts, herbs, fruits just let Nikki know so she can have these ready for your arrival.
Relax into nature and all of the blessings of Hawaii at PapaLani Farm (which means Heavenly Earth Mother in Hawaiian). We are located 30 miles south of Kailua Kona…
- Serene 13+ acre organic avocado and macnut farm with an abundance of tropical fruit trees, veggies, herbs, flowers & berries.
- Perfect year-round climate, at 1600 ft. above sea level on the side of Mauna Loa Volcano (the most massive, active volcano on Planet Earth!).
- Savor the seclusion and quiet, away from the crowds and resorts.
- 4 miles from the closest place to jump in the ocean
- 15-minutes to Ho'okena Beach State Park for sunbathing and swimming with dolphins
- 20-minute drive brings you to the famous Pu'uhonua o'Honaunau (Place of Refuge) National Historic Park and Kealakekua Bay where you can kayak to Captain Cook's monument and snorkel with an endless variety of tropical fish and sea turtles & dolphins.
- 65 miles from Madame Pele's live action at Volcanos National Park
- 12 miles from KulaKai Caverns and Manuka State Park.
- Light hiking on the property where you can enjoy seeing all sorts of Hawaii's wildlife and plants.
- Explore the 30+ variety of fruit, nut trees & berries while at PapaLani, much of which is available for purchase during your visit, as well as fresh eggs from the chickens.
- If interested, you can learn how to become more sustainable… We practice vermiculture (worms), permaculture, Korean Natural Farming, composting, mulching, solar, water catchment, and more.
- Find a nice place to meditate & relax.
- Juhl is the land owner. She fully respects your privacy. She is happy to provide info about the farm, things to do, places to go, etc.
- The farm is a working organic farm, therefore farm work may be occurring during your stay, but again, your privacy is fully respected.
- Hale La was completed Feb 2014, with a combination of in and outdoor living…
- Covered outdoor kitchen with necessities to cook meals (propane fridge/freezer, 2 burner stove, sink, dishes, utensils)
- Covered outdoor bamboo walled shower with viewing space to gaze at the stars with an evening shower.
- Bedroom has a double futon and two twin bunk beds.
- Large lanai (covered porch) with an ocean and farm view.
- In the winter time it can get cool at this elevation morning and night. Be sure to bring heavy socks or slippers and a thick sweatshirt or fleece.
- Everything is kept clean and tidy although it is mostly outdoors so there may be cute geckos and insects around.
- Full range of discounted spa services available on site for guests. Check out www.papalanifarm.com for a full list of services.
- Complementary beach chairs, towels, & coolers available.
- Snorkel equipment available for $20/week.
- Our water source is 100% rainwater caught from the roof of our home and stored in catchment tanks. County water is made available to you in the kitchen for drinking.
Check calendar availability on Airbnb. For a discounted rate please contact me directly:
Hawaii Standard Time