Relax into nature and all of the blessings of Hawaii at PapaLani Farm located 30 miles south of Kailua Kona…
- Serene 13+ acre organic avocado and macnut farm with an abundance of tropical fruit trees, veggies, herbs, flowers & berries.
- Perfect year-round climate, at 1600 ft. above sea level on the side of Mauna Loa Volcano (the most massive, active volcano on Planet Earth!).
- Savor the seclusion and quiet, away from the crowds and resorts.
- 4 miles from the closest place to jump in the ocean
- 15-minutes to Ho'okena Beach State Park for sunbathing and swimming with dolphins
- 20-minute drive brings you to the famous Pu'uhonua o'Honaunau (Place of Refuge) National Historic Park and Kealakekua Bay where you can kayak to Captain Cook's monument and snorkel with an endless variety of tropical fish and sea turtles & dolphins.
- 65 miles from Madame Pele's live action at Volcanos National Park
- 12 miles from KulaKai Caverns and Manuka State Park.
- Light hiking on the property where you can enjoy seeing all sorts of Hawaii's wildlife and plants.
- Explore the 30+ variety of fruit, nut trees & berries while at PapaLani, much of which is available for purchase during your visit, as well as fresh eggs from the chickens.
- If interested, you can learn how to become more sustainable… We practice vermiculture (worms), raising chickens, permaculture, Korean Natural Farming, composting, mulching, solar, water catchment, and more.
- Find a nice place to meditate & relax.
- Juhl is the land owner. She fully respects your privacy. She is happy to provide info about the farm, things to do, places to go, etc.
- The farm is a working organic farm, therefore farm work may be occurring during your stay, but again, your privacy is fully respected.
The Eco-cottage was built December 2012, with a combination of in and outdoor living…
- Covered outdoor kitchen with necessities to cook meals (full fridge, 2 burner stove, sink, dishes, utensils, blender, coffee-maker)
- Covered outdoor bamboo walled shower with viewing space to gaze at the stars with an evening shower.
- 2 large bedrooms with separate entrances so you can rent one space or both:
- One room has bunk bed with full and twin mattresses.
- Large lanai (covered porch) with an ocean and farm view.
- In the winter time it can get cool at this elevation morning and night. A propane heater is available, but be sure to bring heavy socks or slippers and a thick sweatshirt or fleece.
- Everything is kept clean and tidy although it is mostly outdoors so there may be geckos and insects around.
- High speed internet and long distance phone services are provided.
- Full range of discounted spa services available on site for guests. Check out www.ahawaiiandayspa.com for a full list of services.
- Beach chairs, towels, & coolers available.
- Snorkel equipment available for $25/week.
- Our water source is 100% rainwater caught from the roof of our home and stored in catchment tanks. County water is made available to you in the kitchen for drinking.
- We have solar panels which are hooked to the grid right now to provide some of the electric.
1. The whole cottage (just using 1 bedroom) for $99/night*
plus one time $80 cleaning fee (for 2)
2. The whole cottage and use both bedrooms for $129/night*
plus $100 one time cleaning fee (up to 4 people)
* each additional person $15/nite plus $20 cleaning fee
*14.6886% Hawaii Taxes
* $125 refundable damage deposit
*Additional $20/night for Christmas/New Year weeks
*no refunds once reservation is complete
Check calendar availability on Airbnb. For a discounted rate please contact me directly:
Hawaii Standard Time